Provencal farmhouse with 360° views of the Luberon
Sleeps 6-8: 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, partial aircon and private swimming pool
Surrounded by dramatic landscapes and boasting a 4,000m² garden and a lavender field that bursts with colour every June, Le Mas des Fortunes is the epitome of wide open space. Breathe deeply and relax in this calm countryside location.
The house has a relaxed atmosphere, with 200m² of interior space that’s perfect for family living. There are three bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, with an additional alcove space that could accommodate 2 children, making Mas des Fortunes suitable for 6 to 8 people.
Enter via the kitchen, which is fully equipped with an induction hob (5 rings), extractor, oven, sink, dishwasher, microwave, small fridge and Nespresso machine. In the scullery there’s a fridge-freezer, storage, washing machine and dryer and ironing set. The small table and chairs in the kitchen is perfect for informal grab-and-go breakfasts or companionable chats over an aperitif while you prepare dinner.
The main living area at Mas des Fortunes is air-conditioned. There is a dining table that seats 8 people, sofas, coffee tables, wicker chairs and a wood-burning fireplace, as well as a Sonos sound system. There’s an office area, two armchairs, flat-screen TV, and bookshelves with some handy storage space beneath.
Off to one side of the living room is the alcove, which has a curtained-off bed (140cm x 200cm) that two small children would love to sleep in. Or use it as a reading nook or the perfect palace for a quiet siesta during the heat of Summer afternoons. There is a downstairs bathroom with a bath and bidet, and an independent WC.
Mas des Fortunes has three bedrooms upstairs:
- Bedroom 1: air-conditioned with a 180cm x 200cm bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers. It also has a view on the swimming pool, and a small private balcony.
- Bedroom 2: has a 160cm x 200cm bed and a wardrobe.
- Bedroom 3: is a twin room (2x 90cm x 200cm beds that can be pushed together or separated) with a small cupboard, desk and chair. It also has lovely views of the surrounding countryside.
You’ll also find two lovely, modernised bathrooms upstairs, each with a WC and walk-in shower.
Step out into the Provence air
Two French doors open from the living area downstairs onto the main terrace and the pool, shaded by old oak trees. Enjoy 4,000m² of private, unfenced garden, planted with olive trees, lavender, shrubs and flowers. There is plenty of garden furniture.
The pool has dimensions 15mx6m, with a maximum depth of 2.5m, and is equipped with a cover and an audible alarm.
There are four terraces off the house, each with a different orientation, so everyone who stays at Mas des Fortunes can enjoy a variety of panoramic views and dramatic landscapes of the Luberon:
- North: shaded terrace, garden furniture and table
- South: near the swimming pool and partially shaded by a large mulberry tree and wisteria, it has a dining table for 8 people, outdoor lounge sofas and a coffee table
- East: small pleasant terrace on the lounge side for morning coffee
- West: partially shaded, table and Weber gas barbecue
Location, location, location
Mas des Fortunes is located 2km from the centre of Ansouis, 30km from Aix-en-Provence. This perched village, classified among “The most beautiful villages of France”, is sheltered from the mistral and dominates the plain of the Durance in the southern Vaucluse.
Ansouis is beloved for its thousand-year-old chateau overlooking the Grand Luberon. The village is surrounded by a landscape of vineyards and was a key location during the filming of “Jean de Florette” and “Manon des Sources”, directed by Claude Berri and based on the novels by Marcel Pagnol.
Some other distances:
Aix en Provence: 30km
Marseille Provence Airport: 54km
- Change-over day: Friday (flexible in low-season)
- Refundable security/breakages deposit: €1,000
- Local stay tax: €4.40 per adult per night
- The Mas is also rented monthly in low season: €3,000 per month (+ utility charges)
- Pets can be accommodated by arrangement (there may be a small surcharge)
- 10 July – 27 August 2021: €3,700 per week
- 6-25 June 2021: €2,900 per week
- Nov 2021 – Feb 2022: €2,300 per week
Book your stay at Mas des Fortunes
To enquire about this property, or to make a reservation, check availability using the calendar, then complete the booking form, including your check-in and check-out dates. Submit your request and you will receive an automated summary by email.
The owner or property manager will get back to you as soon as possible to discuss or confirm your request. Don’t forget to mention if you have any special requests or needs, which they will do their best to accommodate.
We look forward to welcoming you in Provence soon!
Submit a booking enquiry
- Check In4:00 PM
- Check Out10:00 AM
- Max Guests8
- Min Stay7 nights
- Security Deposit€1000
- Aircon (partial)
- Aircon and Heated pool
- Alarm / security
- BBQ (gas)
- Books and toys / board games
- Boulles court
- Child high chair
- Coffee machine (Nespresso)
- Electric / gas heating
- Fire extinguishers
- First-aid kit
- Heated pool
- Iron and ironing board
- Linens provided (incl swimming towels)
- Outdoor dining
- Outdoor seating/or sun loungers
- Pool alarm
- Pool cover
- Private parking
- Private pool
- Shaded parking
- Stunning views
- Walking distance to village