July and August – €3,100 per week
Apr-June and Sept-Oct – €2,500 per week
November to March – €1,900 per week
Christmas and New Year – €2,500 per week
Newly renovated Maison du Village in historic Lourmarin
This family house is located in the village of Lourmarin, officially one of “the most beautiful villages of France”. Stepping out of the front door, you will discover narrow streets, typical Provencal architectures, monuments and all the lively social places that give the village its soul.
Accessed from a central but quiet street, La Maison du Village will charm you from the minute you step inside the front door. It is a property of contrasts: while it’s close to entertainment, it’s also away from the crowds. It’s bathed in sun but with plenty of shade. Authentically Provencal but with modern conveniences. Enjoy central social spaces and other more intimate areas. Open-plan living combines with security, the property is enclosed but not overlooked.
From the street to the gardens, you will feel like you’ve stepped into another world. On the ground floor of La Maison du Village, the owners have designed the large terrace at the heart of the property. With a marvellous view overlooking the swimming pool and gardens below, it is this link between the inside and the outside which makes for a convivial atmosphere.
Indoor-outdoor living spaces
On this main level of La Maison du Village are the kitchen and the living / dining room, which are nicely sheltered from the summer heat. And in winter you can warm yourself in front of the cozy open fireplace. There is a TV / video as well as high-speed internet (87MB) in all areas of the house. On this floor you will also find a guest WC.
The Provençal-style kitchen has all the necessary utensils, crockery and equipment, including an American-style fridge with built-in ice-maker. You could also enjoy your meals prepared on the “plancha”, outside on the terrace, sheltered from the wind and in the shade of large parasols.
Take a secure outdoor staircase down to the enclosed garden level (400m²) to discover the pool and landscaped garden. The pool (8x4m – depth of 1.1m to 1.5m) is perfect for both children and adults so everyone can swim and play with pleasure. Signed “Jacques Brens”, you benefit from the quality of finish and the fineness of the pool’s marble powder-coating. There is also a large submerged bench facing the sun, with a whirlpool system. Although the pool is not heated, it has sun all day, which means the water will be a pleasant temperature even in the cooler months.
Nearby, there are eight sun loungers and four folding chairs and you can sit in the shade of large umbrellas (2.50×2.50 m) or under cover of the terrace above, and in the shade of the trees in the garden. This outdoor area, which is not overlooked by any neighbours, is perfect for sharing good memories of holidays and having an aperitif with family or friends in privacy and shade at the end of the afternoon. An outdoor shower is also at your disposal to refresh you.
The upper level of the house is accessed via wooden stairs, where you will find:
- The main en-suite bedroom (25m²) facing the garden, with has a large double bed (160x200cm) and separate private bathroom with large walk-in shower, washbasin, cupboards and WC
- A second large bedroom (16m²) – facing a street side – has a double bed (140x190cm), a walk-in wardrobe and an adjoining bathroom (shower, washbasin and cupboards)
- The third bedroom (16m²) on the garden side, which has two single beds (90x190cm) that can be assembled on request to form a double bed (180x190cm), and there is a dressing area. The bathroom, with a shower over the bath, cupboards and a double basin, is located on the landing and is for the private use of this room.
All bedrooms at La Maison du Village are fully renovated and equipped with remote-controlled ceiling fans. There is also a separate WC on this floor.
This property benefits from a private garage that leads directly into the house. There is also a large laundry room where you will find a washing machine, tumble dryer, drying rack, ironing board with steam generator, and consumables.
Strictly no pets and no smoking indoors please. We are obliged to collect a tourist tax of €2.53 per adult per night. This is paid to the local municipality for the enhancement of local tourism and public amenities.
- There is a fourth bedroom suite of 18m², that has not yet been fully renovated but has been refreshed. It is accessible from the terrace on the ground floor. Overlooking the garden, it has a double bed (140×190), closets, an adjoining bathroom (shower, washbasin and cupboards) and a separate toilet. It is not included in the rental price, but can be made available on request for an additional 15% on top of the weekly rate.
- Additionally, depending on the date, you have the option to use just two bedrooms and bathrooms, at a 20% discount on the full rental price.
- Please note that wood for the fireplace can be provided at a supplementary cost.
- The owners of La Maison du Village have also engaged the services of a concierge who manages the property and will answer your questions and can provide you with assistance if needed. This concierge also offers other services “on demand”, such as helping you with local reservations or outings, the cost of which is not included in this rental.
- A second garage, directly leading into the house and currently used by the owner for storage, can be made available to guests for an additional fee if necessary, bearing in mind that there is plenty of free public parking nearb
- Check In4:00 PM
- Check Out10:00 AM
- Max Guests6
- Min Stay7 nights
- Security Deposit€800
- BBQ (plancha)
- Bedroom ceiling fans
- Coffee machine (Nespresso)
- Garage parking
- Ice maker
- Outdoor seating/or sun loungers