In May 2018 new laws (General Data Protection Rules, or GDPR) were introduced about how personal data is managed. We take the privacy of your data very seriously and are working hard to ensure that we comply with all European Union data protection rules.
What information do we hold?
We only hold the information that you send us or tell us about. We do not gain any further information about you from third parties. This information tends to include name, address, telephone number, email address.
We also collect certain information from visitors to our website. This may include your IP address or unique device identifier, and cookies and data from the pages you visit. We use data analytics to ensure site functionality and improve user experience. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personally identifiable information that you submit via the website or email.
All payments are processed via a secure online card processor (Stripe or PayPal). We do not have access to, nor do we store any credit card information. We will never ask you for your bank account details or a PIN.
What are our responsibilities with your data?
We are responsible for keeping your data secure, and for only using it for the purposes that it was acquired, ie the booking of a holiday rental property on behalf of the property owner. This means that we will never share your information with a third party.
What do we use your information for?
We may correspond with you via email and phone for any bookings or booking enquiries initiated by you via email, phone or via our website.
We may send email newsletters about the properties in our portfolio, as well as letting you know about special offers or new additions. We will never send more than six marketing emails a year.
We do not do any telemarketing.
What are your rights?
You have control over whether you continue to receive communications from us, simply by unsubscribing from our mailing list at any time.
If you unsubscribe, your email address is removed from our mailing list and cannot be used by us again for marketing purposes.
If you change your mind, you can subscribe (opt-in) via our website to receive future marketing emails.
You have the right to ask us for access to your own personal information. Additionally, you have the right to request the following from us:
• that any inaccurate information we hold about you is corrected
• that information about you is deleted in certain situations
• that we stop using your personal information for certain purposes
• that your information is provided to you in a portable format
• that decisions about you are not made by wholly automated means
Analytics programs also tell us how people reached this site (eg from a search engine) and whether they have been here before, helping us to develop tailored user services.
Cookies also help us:
– Make our website work as you’d expect
– Remember your settings during and between visits
– Improve the speed/security of the site
– Continuously improve our website’s performance
– Make our marketing more efficient
– Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
– Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
– Pass data to advertising networks
– Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
– Pay sales commissions
If the settings on your software that you are using to view this website (your browser) are adjusted to accept cookies, we take this (and your continued use of our website) to indicate your agreement.
You can usually switch off cookies by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies (Learn how here). Doing so, however, will likely limit the functionality of our site and that of many other websites, as cookies are a standard industry tool.