Stunning Provencal family mas with mazet
7 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms, private heated swimming pool, partial aircon
On the outskirts of the village of Taillades, Les Bartavelles is a beautifully renovated “mas” perfect for families. It is made up of two parts: the main house and an independent mazet (cottage). It has large outdoor spaces with a superb heated swimming pool and beautiful views of the Luberon hills.
You will enter the main property at Les Bartavelles via the open-plan living area. Here there is a large dining table (seating for 12 people), sofas, coffee table, TV, piano, armchairs, and you have direct access to the terrace.
There is also an independent WC on this level.
The separate kitchen is fully equipped, with a Lacanche stove, Nespresso machine, microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator, freezer and a wine fridge. There is also informal dining in the kitchen, with seating for 8 people.
The scullery has a washing machine, dryer, freezer and cupboards.
On the first floor are 4 air-conditioned bedrooms:
- Bedroom 1 (50m²) has a small double (160cm) bed, two armchairs, with a bathroom (double basin, shower and bath) and a separate WC.
- Bedroom 2 and 3 are at the mezzanine level. Each has a 180cm bed with shower room, a basin and separate WC.
- Bedroom 4 (50m²) also has a double (160cm) bed, flat screen TV, bathroom (double basin, shower and bath) and integrated WC.
Note: bedrooms 2 and 3 might be best suited for children rather than tall adults due to the low mezzanine ceiling, which has a 1.8m clearance.
The mazet (cottage)
The cottage at Les Bartavelles is located alongside the pool. It has its own air-conditioned living room, with 2 sofas, coffee table and a fireplace. There is also an open-plan, well-equipped kitchen that has a 4-plate gas burner stove, Nespresso machine, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine, oven, fridge and a dining table for 4 people.
- Bedroom 5: 160cm bed, wardrobe, armchair.
- Bedroom 6: 160cm bed, wardrobe, shower room, sink and WC
- Bedroom 7: two twin beds (90cm each), wardrobe
There is a separate family bathroom that has a shower, a bathtub and a sink, and there is an independent WC.
Outside in front of the mazet there is a table and seating for 6 people.
Spend your time outdoors
The property is set on two hectares. It is fully enclosed and planted with olive trees, umbrella pines and cypresses, and has unobstructed views across the valleys of the Luberon.
A feature terrace, in front of the Mas, extends to the courtyard with its hundred-year-old plane tree. There is direct access to the kitchen and the living room. Here you will find tables and chairs for 14 people.
There is also a covered terrace that doubles up as an outdoor living area / kitchen, with a table, chairs, garden furniture, two sofas, a bar, barbecue, plancha and dishwasher.
The heated private pool is secured by two audible alarms. The pool measures 12mx6m with depth 0.8m to 1.6m. Surrounding the pool are 16 sun loungers, parasols and a trellis for shade during the hottest hours. There is also a ping-pong (table tennis) table.
Please note that the owners live on site, but their living quarters and garden are completely independent of the rental property and the pool is for the exclusive use of renters. Of course, they’re happy to offer you an aperitif on arrival and advice about local amenities if you need it.
The Mas is located about 700m from the centre of Les Taillades, in the Vaucluse. There are shops and restaurants. Access to the highways is simple and direct, the hilltop villages of the Luberon are easy to access.
Some distances (approx):
– Cavaillon: 5km
– Robion: 4km
– Avignon: 40km
– Les Baux de Provence: 33km (44 min)
– Aix en Provence: 63km (45 min)
– Lourmarin: 28km (35 min)
– Bonnieux: 28km (40 min)
– The beaches: about 60 min
– Avignon TGV station: 45km (40 min)
– Marseille Provence Airport: 63km (40 min)
- Change-over day: Saturday
- Minimum stay: 7 nights
- Booking deposit: 25% of total rent
- Refundable breakages deposit: €1,500
- Local stay tax: €4.40 per adult per night
- End-of-stay cleaning fee: €150
- Heating the house during cold periods: €100
- The house is non-smoking please
- No pets
2022 Rates (per week);
- 1 January to 14 May: €3,025
- 14 May to 25 June: €3,650
- 25 June to 16 July: €4,600
- 16 July to 20 August: €5,950
- 20 August to 27 August: €4,250
- 27 August to 24 September: €3,650
- 24 September to 17 December: €2,795
- 17 December to 31 December: €3,025
Book your stay at Les Bartavelles
To enquire about this property, or to make a reservation, check availability using the calendar, then complete the booking form, including your check-in and check-out dates. Submit your request and you will receive an automated summary by email.
The owner or property manager will get back to you as soon as possible to discuss or confirm your request. Don’t forget to mention if you have any special requests or needs, which they will do their best to accommodate.
We look forward to welcoming you in Provence soon!
Submit a booking enquiry
- Check In5:00 PM
- Check Out10:00 AM
- Max Guests14
- Min Stay7 nights
- Cleaning Fee€150
- Security Deposit€1500
- Aircon and Heated pool
- Basic cleaning products plus loo paper and condiments provided for arrival
- BBQ (plancha)
- Coffee machine (filter/drip/French press)
- Coffee machine (Nespresso)
- Fenced / enclosed garden
- First-aid kit
- Hair dryer
- Heated pool
- Iron & ironing board
- Linens and towels
- No visible neighbours
- Outdoor dining
- Partial aircon
- Pool alarm
- Private parking
- Private pool
- Shade (trees)
- Shade (umbrellas)
- Sun loungers
- Swimming towels
- Table tennis
- Wine fridge
- Within walking distance of village