If you are looking to rent out your house in Provence to paying guests, there are several basic things you can do to get your property ready:
- Clean and declutter: The first step to getting your house ready to rent is to clean and declutter. Make sure the entire house is sparkling clean and free of clutter. This will make your home look more inviting to renters.
- Fix any damages: Inspect your home for any damages that need to be fixed. You don’t want to have guests complain about things that should have been fixed before they arrived.
- Furnish your home: Furnish your home with comfortable and functional furniture, indoors and out. Make sure there is enough seating for everyone and that the furniture is in good condition.
- Stock up on supplies: Make sure your home is stocked with basic supplies like toilet paper, facial tissues, paper towels, dustbin bags, cleaning supplies, and a few basic toiletries, such as shower gel and hand soap. This will make your renters’ stay more comfortable.
- Make your home safe: Make sure your home is safe for all guests, including children. Check smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors, and fire extinguishers to ensure they are working properly. And check that electric pool covers and alarms are in good working order too.
- Provide information: Provide renters with information about your home and the surrounding area. Leave a guestbook with information about your home, local attractions, and recommended restaurants. Don’t forget to add emergency contact details and the wi-fi password!
- Consider hiring a property manager: If you don’t live near your rental property, consider hiring a local property manager to handle any issues that may arise during your guests’ stay.
By taking these steps, you can ensure that your property is ready for vacationers and that they have a comfortable and enjoyable stay.